Getting enough quality sleep can be hard - but the benefits are worth it.
From having a positive impact on our mood, stress levels, academic performance, and overall health, the importance of sleep cannot be overstated.
Here are 3 Sleep Tips to get you on track:
- Maintain regular wake and bed times
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep each night
- Keep naps short – 30 minutes or less
For more ways to optimize your sleep, try following the 10 Sleep Commandments by Dr. Michael Grandner, Director of the UA Sleep & Health Research Program:
- Thou shalt keep a regular schedule
- Thou shalt exercise regularly but not too late at night
- Thou shall get light during the day and avoid it at night
- Thou shalt keep your bedroom cool, dark, and comfortable
- Thou shalt not go to bed too hungry or too full
- Thou shalt not drink excessive liquids in the evening
- Thou shalt not ingest caffeine, nicotine and alcohol at night
- Thou shalt not go to bed angry or worried or upset
- Thou shalt get rid of the clock
- Thou shalt not nap too long or too late during the day
Still struggling with your sleep or want to learn more?
Looking for a health talk for your UA group regarding sleep? Click here.