Campus Health Through the Years
See how the UA Campus Health Service has evolved over the past 100 years.
It all started...in the Fall of 1918 with the outbreak of a worldwide flu epidemic. The whole campus was quarantined.
A wing of Old Main and one floor of the Agriculture building were turned into hospital wards to care for patients.
Infirmary in the Schweitzer Building (site of current Science and Engineering Library) - photo taken in 1919
Infirmary on the NW corner of Cherry Ave. and UA Mall - photo taken in 1951
Student Health Center on the NW corner of Cherry Ave. and UA Mall - photo taken in 1968
Campus Health Service Addition (in 1989) on the NW corner of Cherry Ave. and UA Mall - photo taken in 1995
Campus Health Service moved in 2003 to the Highland Commons Building (1224 E Lowell St.) - photo taken in 2018