How to Rx Safely for life:
Learning how to properly use, store and dispose your medications will not only help you now but will help you for life.
- Proper disposal of medications protects yourself, friends, family and wildlife (Use the anonymous Prescription Drop Box at our Pharmacy)
- Ask any questions you may have to your medical provider or pharmacist
- Disclose any history of addiction, either for yourself or family member
Remember, medical providers are here to help you, and won’t judge! Be honest, it’s best in the long-term.
How can prescription drug misuse and abuse affect your college experience?
If you receive FAFSA funding, conviction of a drug-related crime can result in your funding being taken away. The University of Arizona requires a specific GPA to keep all scholarships. If you fall below that minimum requirement you can lose your scholarship(s).
If you believe that you or a friend is struggling with drug use or dependency this online assessment may help! If you would like more assistance visit Counseling & Psych Services (CAPS) located on the 3rd floor of Campus Health.
How to Help a Friend
Do you think your friend is having a prescription drug overdose?
- Call 911 immediately!
- The worst thing to do is nothing. Get additional help from the people around you. Never leave the person unattended.
- Be honest with first responders, tell them everything that you know. This could save your friend’s life.