The Power Of Perspective
You are stronger than your failures.
Life is full of ups and downs, and no one is immune to that. How you view them is the key to resilience. This is the power of perspective. The following activity will show you how changing your perspective can change your world. You hold the power in how you respond to whatever life brings.
The Power of Perspective Activity:
Find the perspective you relate to the most.
Think about a stressful experience that you are currently going through (or have gone through) and write down your answers to the following prompts:
- How did that perspective feel?
- How could you tell which perspective you were using?
- Was it helpful or not helpful (or both) to view this situation from that perspective?
- How did that perspective influence your options for overcoming and/or addressing the situation?
- Have you reacted like this to other stressful situations? How has that worked for you?
Find your flipside.
Think about that same stressful experience from the perspective of your flipside and write down your answers to the following prompts:
- How did this flipside perspective influence your options for overcoming and/or addressing the situation?
- Have you used this flipside perspective in other times in your life? How did that work for you?
- How could you remind yourself of this flipside perspective in the future?
Reflect on the following:
This activity is just one example of the power of perspective. All it takes is a little practice. As you move through life and stressors arise, take a breath, name the perspective you're using, and ask yourself if you can look at the stressor in a more helpful and meaningful way.