We often think that success will bring happiness, but it actually works the other way around. Research on happiness and success shows us that the better you take care of yourself and set yourself up for real-life, lasting happiness, the better you do in all areas of your life. This means that feeling happy contributes to better health, better sleep, better mood, and better performance!
Introducing...the Happy Sessions.
Happy Sessions is a 4-session workshop and conversation series about increasing happiness and building self-confidence. It's good for your mood and your education. The Happy Sessions will cover topics like the science of happiness, gratitude and optimism, identifying your unique strengths, and practicing self-compassion.
- Happy Session 1: How Happiness Happens. Discover the science behind happier living.
- Happy Session 2: The Gratitude Attitude. Discover the attitude that can boost your mood (and your grades).
- Happy Session 3: Power Up! Discover how to harness your unique strengths to feel good and have success on your own terms.
- Happy Session 4: BYOBFF (Be Your Own BFF). Learn how to love yourself and watch your life transform.
Spring 2020 Group Information:
Who: The Happy Sessions is open to all U of A students.
What: A 4-session workshop about happiness!
When + Where:
• Time: 5-6 pm
• Dates: Tuesdays,3/17, 3/24, 3/31, 4/7
• Location: CAPS Main Location. Check in at the front desk.
How to Start: You can join at any time but will get most out of the group if you join at the start date of each series. Talk to a CAPS counselor in triage or your CAPS provider if you already have one.
Cost: $10 per group session (can be billed to Bursar's).
Contact Leslie Ralph, Ph.D. at 520-621-3334 and email@example.com