2017-2018 CampusCare Benefits & Coverage Period
CampusCare is a health care option that covers most expenses after a designated co-pay for services provided exclusively at the UA Campus Health Service (CHS).
CampusCare covers all laboratory tests, x-rays, medical procedures and supplies after the designated office visit co-pay, unless specified under exclusions. Here are some sample costs after co-pay:
Service Without CampusCare With CampusCare
STD Screening: $38-$350* $0
Throat Culture: $30* $0
Urine Culture: $42* $0
Well Woman Exam: $68-$235* $0
X-Ray: $65-$190 $0
*Plus additional Collection & Handling Fees (Based on 17/18 Price List and subject to change)
CampusCare is an ideal option if you have a commercial or Marketplace plan with:
- A high deductible
- No out-of-network benefits
- Emergency-only coverage
- Limited benefits for specialty visits such as counseling, physical therapy, ect.
In the event that a service is not covered by CampusCare and you have a commercial plan that we participate with, the Campus Health Service will automatically bill your insurance.
CampusCare helps keep your health care costs predictable at an affordable cost per semester. Quality, accredited health care is delivered conveniently on campus.
Cost of $145 per Semester (fall & spring) - optional Summer coverage is available.
Covers all laboratory tests, x-rays, medical procedures and supplies provided at the UA Campus Health under the designated office visit co-pay.
$20.00 co-pay per office visit:
- General Medical
- Walk-in Clinic
- Women's Health
- Sports Medicine
- Immunization Clinic
- Physical Therapy follow-up visits
- Master's level Counselor
- Nutrition Counseling
$40.00 co-pay per office visit:
- Physical Therapy initial visit (includes modalities)
- Psychiatrist (per consult/per med check - office or phone)
- Women's Health Specialist
- Insertion/Removal of IUD (does not include cost of IUD)
$50.00 co-pay per office visit:
- Medication Evaluation by Psychiatrist includes 1st Med Check
$75.00 co-pay per office visit
- Allows you to purchase prescriptions from the CHS Pharmacy at our cost ($2 minimum)
- Routine and third-party physical exams
- Travel Immunizations and Preventive Vaccines (except Tetanus)
- Third-party requests, unless approved and ordered by a CHS provider
- University/College required vaccinations, laboratory, and x-ray services
- Services provided outside of the UA Campus Health (referred or not)
Enroll Online for fall & spring
Log on to your UAccess Student Center
- Under the Finances tab
- Health Care Options
- Click on "Enroll/Cancel Coverage"
Students have the opportunity to add or extend CampusCare through the summer at a minimal cost; providing year-round coverage. To enroll, submit an “Enrollment/Cancellation” form securely. Enrollment is optional for Summer CampusCare and will not be auto-enrolled for summer coverage.
UA students are eligible for CampusCare if they are registered for at least 1 registration unit and have paid the Health & Recreation fee.
Fall: 08/16/17 - 01/03/18
Spring: 01/04/18 - 05/31/18
Summer (optional): 06/01/18 - 08/15/18
Last day to enroll:
Fall: September 5, 2017
Spring: January 24, 2018
Summer: June 18, 2018
Open enrollment begins upon class registration and ends the 14th day after the official start of classes.
Open Enrollment Notifications:
Open enrollment notices and information regarding CampusCare is emailed to each student’s official UA @email.arizona.edu address. Changes to coverage can be made during the published open enrollment through your UAccess account (fall & spring) or with a summer Enrollment/Cancellation form.
Once enrolled, you will be automatically re-enrolled and billed through the UA Bursar's office in future semesters (each fall and spring) within three business days of showing registration units.
Summer coverage is optional and will not be auto-enrolled.
If you withdraw from all classes after the open enrollment ends, CampusCare will be cancelled effective the date of withdrawal with no refund. After returning in a future semester, students will then need to re-enroll during the published open enrollment period.